Friday, January 15, 2016

Perfect Libraries: Libraries Series

Heya, it's Citali!

If you're a book lover who doesn't love libraries... well. I do believe you have a few issues, though I'll try not to judge. But libraries seem to embody the best of not only a love of books but also, well, everything. Where else is a sanctuary, a meeting hall, a place to receive knowledge for free, a place that's equally fun and interesting by yourself or with a book-loving friend?

Whether you love sci-fi or fantasy, I've always been fascinated by the idea of worldbuilding including libraries. Futuristic libraries? Cozy libraries? Flying island libraries? Underground vault libraries? Robot librarians? Elf librarians? As public buildings, they can embody the entire vibe of whatever world the library belongs to; as a storehouse for knowledge, they can be as open or as secure as you wish.

So I'll be starting a bit of a series, composed of different short stories I've written about libraries of different possible genres. I guess I've talked about me writing on here a bit, but I've never really shared any of it. Hope you enjoy!

Happy reading,
~Citali

1 comment: