Friday, March 11, 2016

Camp NaNoWriMo (Reprise)


Who'd have thunk it? Well, by the picture you can probably tell... I'm doing Camp again! I can't say I like the logo for Camp as much this year as last April's, but I do like that it has a fountain pen! I recently re-found my own fountain pen, and I've got to say that those and typewriters are about the most writerly (sure that's a word, spellcheck, don't underline it) things in the world! All the better for some inspiration!

To summarize Camp: NaNoWriMo is a project where you write a novel (50,000 words) in a month in November. YWP is a project for anyone under 13 where you write a novel (you chose the word count) in a month in November. Camp NaNoWriMo is a project where you write a novel in a month in April or July with twelve friends in a cabin. This way you get to see your friends' projects and celebrate with them when they reach their goals! Sadly, Camp is only for those 13 and up, though you can unofficially join in and write, of course, anytime! I'm overusing exclamation points!

Anyway, I'm writing a bit of a continuation/remake of the steampunk library I'm writing! I really ended up liking the idea, and I read a lot more steampunk besides The Inventor's Secret after I wrote that, so now I really like the genre and am going to try to devote myself to that! If not, though, I might write a friendship-based realistic flash fiction thing (wow, that sounded weird) just to get words in. I don't really write except for Camp and NaNo, so if I get stuck then I'll just make more projects and keep going so that I'm doing something.

Camp is how I got started with NaNo and it's my third one (second year)! I'd really recommend it to anyone and everyone. Here you go! http://campnanowrimo.org/news/welcome-to-the-camp-nanowrimo-creativity-garden

Happy writing, WriMos!
~Citali

No comments:

Post a Comment