Thursday, May 11, 2017

Housekeeping

Hello, lovely readers!

Happy Thursday! As finals approach, we're taking a quick break from our ~regularly scheduled~ well-planned-out post programming to just give a bit of an update on what's going on at the Archives.

  • Willow and I did NaNo together this past April Camp NaNo. For the first time, Willow captained our cabin, and for the first time, we both won Camp with our word goals of 10k. (I'm not saying those were related, but those were definitely related). 
  • I also did a more loose Camp than I'm used to. Usually, it's a lot easier for me to write during Camp in April and July than it is in November, so I attempt my best writing in April. However, I realized that the story I was writing... wasn't really going a direction that was something I wanted to pursue for more plot events or for revisions. I did get to write 5k on a story that I really love, and that I want to keep writing, though!
  • Don't worry, I'm still working on the Reading Without Walls challenge. There will be booklists!
  • Free Comic Book Day was celebrated the first Saturday this May! I picked up some indie comics and also a v. cool graphic novel (which will feature in Reading Without Walls #2) for 20% off at my friendly neighborhood indie comic bookstore (which is, in fact, a real thing).
  • One of the cornerstones of solarpunk lit for YA is The Summer Prince by Alaya Dawn Johnson, set in futuristic Brazil. I recently started reading it, and am awed by the worldbuilding. 
  • Some posts to come: Reading Without Walls, Camp NaNo reflections, an analysis of grammar in fiction inspired by St.Owl's blog, some thoughts on short stories/novelettes, and some vague ideas-that-aren't-posts-yet about libraries and communities (of course).
With luck, we'll have a proper bookish post next week.
Until then, happy reading!
~Citali

No comments:

Post a Comment